Friday, April 17, 2015

It is the weekend...make these

I have been battling a serious sweet tooth, which has me eating pasta and craving sweets...so I found a recipe that I thought I would try....let's just say I have made them twice now...
OMG, 
like having the most sparkly, magical, decedent, wonderful thing
 sitting on your kitchen counter!
I have been searching for an easy go to dessert to make when fruit or frozen banana "ice cream" just won't cut it. 
I tried a faux cheese cake and used like $15 in nuts and it just gave me a stomach ache....
then I found a recipe on Hell Yeah it's vegan and... 
JUST MAKE THEM!!!
You'll never know they were vegan....really, honest, truly...for reals!
Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies Author: Claryn 
Ingredients:
 ¾ c + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar 
7 Tbsp vegan butter, softened 
3 Tbsp blackstrap molasses 
½ tsp vanilla extract 
¾ c bread flour 
½ c all­ purpose flour 
1 Tbsp cocoa powder 
1 tsp cinnamon 
½ tsp ground cloves ½ tsp ground ginger ½ tsp baking soda ½ tsp baking powder 
¼ tsp salt 
¾ c vegan chocolate chips 
Instructions 1. Preheat oven to 350F. 2. In a large bowl, cream together sugar, vegan butter, and molasses. 3. Beat in vanilla extract. 4. In a small bowl, sift together flours, cocoa, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. 5. Beat flour mixture into sugar mixture. The dough will be stiff. 6. Fold in chocolate chips. 7. Form dough into 2" balls and bake on a silicone baking mat or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, 3" apart, for 8­10 minutes. 8. Allow to cool on cookie sheet 2-­3 minutes before transferring to cooling racks or counter. 9. Best enjoyed warm. 
Notes I bake mine for the minimum time because I love soft­baked centers; the longer time will yield crunchier cookies. Recipe by Hell Yeah It's Vegan! 


1 comment:

Mali said...

Oooh, they sound really good!